Our 'North Scarle Curriculum' shapes our curriculum breadth. It is derived from an exploration of the backgrounds of our students, community, our beliefs about high quality education and our values. Our Curriculum is centred around Preparing children for their future.
(See attached document below for larger image)
With Preparing children for future at the heart, our curriculum has 4 broad themes-
- Mind, Body & Soul
- Identity & Community
- Understanding our World
- The best of what has been thought & said
The basic principles to our Curriculum Model are:
- Learning is a change to long term memory.
- Repetition is required for long term retention.
- Knowledge is vital as it is required for thinking and the more one has the easier it is to learn and remember more.
For further information click on the Curriculum Model see the policy link below.
Our logo reflects our understanding of learning as a real, working and connected model.
- Learning- Learning is most effective with spaced repetition and is continuous in order to change long term memory and become knowledge.
- Connecting- We provide a wide breadth of study which supports children making connections across different subjects and increases understanding. ALL students have the same opportunities to connect with the world around them, both academically and culturally.
- Achieving- ALL students are capable of success.